Almost~Brownie~Batter Dip

Print Friendly Version of this pagePrint Get a PDF version of this webpagePDF
I really haven't worked in the kitchen for six months. Honestly, it has been pretty tough to get back into the swing of cooking and cleaning but I think I may be making a comeback. And I'm coming out swinging, with a Nutter Butter in hand. Let's get right to the punch~ Brownie Batter Dip.



The only thing I like better than brownies is brownie batter. I grew up licking the bowl clean and never ended up sick from eating the batter with raw eggs in it. Same thing with cookie dough. But, I'm grown up now. No more licking the bowl or beaters for me. I live in the present. You have to be healthier. So, you have to eat batter without the raw eggs. {What, you think I would give up on the entire idea of eating brownie batter altogether?}

I pinned this recipe about six months ago thinking I would try it soon. I guess I really wasn't in a rush since I've been disappointed with recipes for egg~less cookie dough. Being invited to a gathering where you are expected to bring something and not disappoint, I made brownie batter dip.

Verdict? It does not taste just like brownie batter but it is close. And it tastes really good anyway {I honestly can't say I've been a fan of any of the cookie dough recipes, sorry}. I think having a variety of dippers made it fun and can completely change the taste of the dip. I chose mini graham crackers, vanilla wavers, Nutter Butters and pretzel crackers as dippers. The last two were by far my favorite. Chocolate and peanut butter can NEVER be wrong, and the contrast of sweet chocolate and salty pretzel crackers is a winner.



What makes this even better is how quickly it whips up. I used the microwave {Gasp! Bad word in my kitchen} to soften the cream cheese and butter. Then my handy Kitchen Aid mixer quickly blended all the ingredients. Once the dip is blended, it's ready to go. Some dips need to be refrigerated before they can be enjoyed. This one does not. Whip up a batch for a last minute get together.

Almost~Brownie~Batter Dip
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 c butter, softened
2 c powdered sugar
2+ tbsp milk
5 tbsp flour
5 tbsp cocoa powder {not ground chocolate}
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
mini chocolate chips for garnish
a variety of dippers {pretzel crackers and Nutter Butters recommended}

Blend cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add powdered sugar and two tablespoons of milk. Blend well. If mixture is still lumpy or too thick, add another tablespoon of milk. Add flour, cocoa powder, brown sugar and vanilla. Blend til smooth. If a thinner consistency is desired, add a bit more milk.  Garnish with mini chocolate chips and serve.

Oh, this is what I've been so busy with. Little Dianna is 6 months old now! She's doing great. She's successfully made it through heart surgery and is on the move, well roll and working on sitting up all by herself.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Catching my breath. Be back ASAP.