A few weeks ago, my daughters and I made 30 pies for a school bake sale. Ingredients had been donated in abundance. After using much of what was donated, I still had a considerable amount left over. I used some of the ingredients to create a pie with things I love: caramel and chocolate. The result was Candy Bar Pie.
To recreate this delectable and delightful dessert, you will need:
1 Oreo pie crust
1 can of Dulce de Leche (caramel), divided
3/4 c semisweet chocolate chips, divided
1 1/2 blocks (12 oz.) of cream cheese, softened
1 tsp vanilla
3 tbsp milk, divided
8 oz whipped cream
1 tbsp cocoa powder
1/4 c toffee bits
Follow these directions:
1. Freeze the Oreo crust for 15 minutes to make spreading the caramel easier.
2. Spoon out half of the Dulce de Leche onto Oreo crust and spread evenly. Sprinkle the caramel with 1/4 cup of semisweet chocolate chips.
3. Whip softened cream cheese with vanilla and 2 tablespoons of milk until smooth. Blend in whipped cream.
4. Heat 1 tablespoon of milk in a microwave safe dish for 20 seconds. Stir in 1/2 cup of semisweet chocolate chips until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth. Add the chocolate to the cream cheese mixture along with the cocoa powder. Blend.
5. Spread chocolate cream evenly over the caramel and chips.
6. Heat remaining caramel and drizzle over chocolate cream. Using a toothpick, drag caramel around the top of pie to spread and make decorative swirls. Sprinkle with toffee bits.
Grab a fork and take a bite!
I originally made this pie with a shortbread crust, but changed it to an Oreo crust for more chocolate. The first time the pie was just as delicious. Use what you have on hand and make this pie your own!